Thursday 7 March 2013

AVENTURA METAL CAGE

I purchased the Aventura cage in the January sale from LittlePetWarehouse. 
I've had it for just over a month now I must say my girls are loving it!

I found it was a pain to build as there are no instructions just a silly diagram that makes no sense! There are a few things that are annoying about the cage but are easily sorted with zip ties. The base wheel unit is not screwed to the cage so you have to be careful the way you move the cage, but zip ties can help hold it together. There is no shelf on the wheeled unit also the wheels have no breaks. 

The good things about it are the size obviously its huge! The locks are great there will be no escapees.

Here are some pictures of it a few weeks ago.

(Featuring special guest Azgard) 
(Azgard looking at Shy-one)
(Crazy peeking round the door) 

 Once the boys are neutered they will be joining the girls in this huge cage of fun.

3 comments:

  1. I bought this cage but I can't seem to fit in the middle shelf....
    I am pretty certain the rest of it has all been put together properly as the bottom cage doesn't attach to the base but then the top half attaches to the bottom and the top half to the roof.
    The ledges for the middle shelf are on the top half side panels if that makes sense at all.

    Any suggestions would be much appreciated

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry your having issues assembling the cage if I remember it took me 3-4 attempts to build the cage correctly.
    When I built my cage the middle shelf's hole the get to the upper level is on the right. The middle shelf seems to appear upside down as the flat edges are underneath, I think this may be a design fault as if you flip the shelf to what should be the correct way around the bars would then be in the way of the hole to the upper level.
    Another tip for you that you may find useful one you have the cage assembled, if your cage is the same model as mine you'll find it a pain to hang hammocks as the bar spacing on the middle level is really far apart, I suggest to mesh the middle level to make easier, I picked up some cake cooling trays and zip tied them to the bars so that there are more bars to hang hammocks toy etc.
    I wish you luck and hope you manage to assemble it okay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I think it is just a matter of jigging the middle shelf about to get it flat! I think the rest should be okay!
    Using cooling racks is a fab idea! Will definitely keep it in mind!

    ReplyDelete